Development Associate (Part-Time)
Reporting To: Development Manager
Summary of Position: Memorial Park Conservancy is seeking a Part-Time Development Associate to join its dynamic, collaborative fundraising team. This position will participate in fundamental aspects of the Development department, including gift entry and acknowledgement, support of the annual fund and direct mail program, donor communications and special events.
The Development Associate is responsible for the recording and acknowledgement of the Conservancy’s constituent data and donations using the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database as well as scanning checks and gift organization which interfaces with the Finance department.
This position works closely with the Development and Finance teams. Primarily, the Development Associate ensures efficiency and timeliness in processing donor information and donations using best practice techniques to maintain optimal data integrity. This position plays a key role in maintaining Raisers Edge system integrity and a key role in maintaining donor communication and satisfaction through timely gift acknowledgement, donors being the organization’s primary revenue source.
The person in this role is knowledgeable in fundraising database management, a strategic thinker and problem solver. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus, but not required. This position reports to the Development Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General support for the MPC Development department.
- Manages all aspects of gift/donation process; collect and sort mail, accept and document gifts, enters accurate information into database and create and send acknowledgement within 48 hours and in compliance with IRS requirements.
- Provide status reports on donations and special events and reconcile database information with Finance department.
- Research ways to improve efficiencies for current data management processes.
- Assist Development team in monitoring website for needed updates related to fundraising, including sponsor recognition, event support, and financial reporting.
- Monitor online giving portals.
- Generate invoices and pledge reminders.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Assist and support Development department activities and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years’ experience managing a donor database; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, highly organized, professional demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor interacting with donors, volunteers and colleagues
- Ability to occasionally work evenings or weekends
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively, both individually and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple projects to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Understands and affirms the mission of Memorial Park Conservancy
- Ability to follow COVID-19 safety protocols when collecting and processing mail and donations
This is a part-time position through May 31, 2021
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.