Job Summary: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for Memorial Park maintenance at the direction of the Operations Supervisor. The Maintenance Technician performs year-round care and maintenance of the Park’s amenities and facilities. The Maintenance Technician will work interactively with the Operations Technician, Operations Foreman, and other staff.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily maintenance duties including trash pick-up and restroom and facility cleaning.
- Basic site furnishing repair.
- Keep park common areas clean and hazard free.
- General building and facilities upkeep.
- Track productivity via regular reporting.
- Keep inventory and perform maintenance on tools and supplies assigned to field operations.
- Inspect park inventory for any needed repairs; execute repairs promptly and efficiently
- Recognize and report safety issues and enforce the highest standard of safety precaution.
- Follow Conservancy rules, safety policies and procedures and appropriate use of personal protective equipment
- Computer skills and the ability to use software and communicate with Microsoft Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to understand and maintain general park aesthetic
- Electrical knowledge and understanding of electrical systems.
- Light plumbing knowledge and ability to make minor repairs.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with overtime including weekends, holidays, and evenings
- The ability to do assist with minor handyman repairs and equipment maintenance
- Ability to respond to emergency calls after hours and weekends
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Sufficient strength and manual dexterity to operate power equipment
- Ability to stand, crouch, and climb to use ladders and perform various types of manual labor.
- Willing and able to work outdoors all year round.
- Ability to speak English and Spanish preferred.
Safety Requirements: Establishment and maintenance of a safe work environment is the shared responsibility of this organization and employees at every level. The Conservancy will make every effort to assure a safe environment and be in compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Employees are expected to obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their work activities. Accordingly, employees should be aware of any hazards, which could cause an injury or accident (e.g., spills, obstacles in walkways). If an employee discovers a potential dangerous condition, he/she should alert other employees and notify his/her supervisor immediately.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt position. Benefits include full medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, continuing education allowance and 401k retirement plan.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter along with two references to Careers@memorialparkconservancy.org.